Saturday, May 24, 2014

Geode State Park

Now that it is finally nice outside, we decided to get out a bit and explore what the area has to offer. We found a famous park called Geode State Park that's famous for all its Geode rocks. In the middle of this park there is a huge, beautiful lake and around the lake is a trial.I wanted to go on the lake trail Jonny was a little hesitant about it and I didn't know why until about a mile in he said, " you know this is a 7 mile hike right?" WHAT was my reaction, none the less WE FINISHED that trail and it was beautiful cool day :) but I do not think we will be making it again for a while.
It was so nice there was benches all along the trail with beautiful lookouts, the lake reminded me of Fontana Lake. There was even a little beach area that you can swim in, we saw lots of fishing boats and people paddle boarding !! It made me wish we had our kayak, or something that water was calling my name !!!!  All along the trial I was looking for the geode rocks, I never found one but maybe one day ill come across one for sure. This was such a fun day trip that Jonny and I got to spend time together and enjoy the outdoors :) It was sooooooo extremely green, its hard to believe this is the same place as it was during winter. The lucky think is this park is only 40 min away so we can go camping or hiking any time we want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment