Tuesday, March 1, 2016

NICU = Healthy Baby Girl




When we went in for Stellas first check up a few days after coming home, and the doctor was worried about her jaundice levels. We noticed that she was looking a little well... yellow, but I was in denial. I was trying so hard to nurse her and give her what she needed, but my milk supply was just not coming in!!!! ( VERY FRUSTRATING)  So we had her blood taken, witch made me feel so sad, because the guy was so rough!!! We got a call a few hours latter telling us that tella needs to come in to the NICU ASAP!

She was submitted with dehydration as well as jaundice....They put her on her little tanning bed and told me that I could not pick her up for two days!!!! That seemed like FOREVER, on the third day I was able to try and nurse her again and we where discharged latter that day.
I know that jaundice is a very common thing for babies to get, and that you cant really help it if it happens... but its hard not to feel hopeless! I cant even imagine to new moms that, have very pre-me babies that need to stay in the NICU for months! That would tare me apart, but we grow form those experiences, and they make us stronger! We where so blessed to only have to be back in the NICU for only three days!!!!
As you can see she got a lot better and when I took off her blindfold I got this look!! (Where have you been MOM) I never left her side! Jonny and I took turns staying at the hospital, but I couldn't stay away for too long. Thank goodness my mom was here to help us, in the hospital with spending time and taking shifts! It would have been a lot harder without her by my side, I truly have the best MOM ever, and Stella has a pretty awesome Grammy! We did learn that Stella like me, LOVES SOAKING UP THE SUN!!!!! ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment