Friday, March 28, 2014

Relief Society Reenactment

The Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was officially organized March 17, 1842 inside the Redbrick store in Nauvoo. This year I was able to participate in the Church s Relief Society Reenactment that takes place in the same place the Redbrick Store. I was asked if I would be willing to play a woman named Helen Mar Whitney. I agreed and I memorized my part, (it was pretty long I was a little nervous.) We practiced a few times and got our costumes, women came from all over to see it and to attend the woman's retreat, all the way from Utah, Idaho, California, Arizona, Washington and New Mexico.... I was surprised :)
I had so much fun playing the part and feeling the spirit in the room during the performance. It was a blessing to be apart of it, and now I am able to say that I was in a church reenactment in Nauvoo :). All the women where so fun, and im so glad that I got to know some of them a little more. We did two shows, the picture below is of us outside after the last show. I wish I had a picture of the whole group, but ill try and find one.

After the show a few women came up to me and asked if I had been in pageants or reenactments before, (NOPE) it made me feel good that someone noticed that I did well. Jonny wished he could have come, but it was i the middle of the day on a Thursday so when he came home I gave him my lines:)

No comments:

Post a Comment