Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Cheer

This was our first official Christmas together, we were suppose to fly out to California but plans changed and we ended up having our own little Christmas here in Nauvoo, Illinois. Our Christmas was full of Cheer and fun :). We woke up made cinnamon rolls ( very yummy)  and then sat around our cute little tree and opened our gifts one by one. Christmas gifts are great, but I think the most important gift was being together and knowing that we how much we love each other.
This year was also a little funny, we didn't know for sure what we were doing until the day before Christmas eve, so there was no decorations out. Until we found a box in the shed full of Christmas decorations. Now finding this surprise the day or so before Christmas I just could not overlook it so we started decorating. We went to wall-mart and got a 7 foot tree for $10....yep $10 amazing. Its amazing how much cheaper Christmas decorations are the day before hahah :) The BELIEVE sign I made while we were in Houston and am so glad I made it :)

Its our first Christmas officially married together and we were spending it as just the two of us. I HAD TO MAKE AN AMAZING DINNER, my mom taught me very well. I made Ham, stuffing, potatos, green bean casserole, and sweet potato pie .. It was all soooooo Yummy and we didn't even put a dent it the food that night. we had left overs solid for another week at least .. I thought it would be a lot harder, but it went pretty smoothly. Now I know that when the time comes I can make a great feast :)
 What a blessing it is to live in a home that is warm, having family who loves you and a place were one can feel Christs love. I feel like that is the most important gift of Christmas is the love that our Heavenly Father has for us that he gave us his son, and our brother to come down to this Earth for us. I feel like the past few years I have gotten caught up with the "Christmas sprite" of the gifts, food and being with family, but this year I had a little more time to think. I am so grateful for our Christs birth and the sacrifices he made all through out his life, not only for every man and woman on this earth who ever was and will be, but he made that sacrifice for me. Jonny and I are so grateful to be able to have that knowledge and to share that same warm feeling together.

1 comment:

  1. Love the "believe" sign! It turned out so cute. So glad we made those. You guys look like you're doing well! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete