Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cub Scouts to the Rescue!!!!!


As many of you know I am a Den Leader for Cub Scouts, witch is part of Boy Scouts of America program. This month our theme is "Compassion." We try and find ways to where we can practice this in our community. We found someone in our ward that is having some health problems and cant plant here own garden any more. She had all the flowers ready to go, they just needed to be planted! The boys, leaders and a few parents all got together and made her walk-way a beauty!!!! I wish I had taken a before picture, because it looked soooo much better after. ( I need to get better at taking before and afters) 
HERE is my Troop.... 


 
The boys worked so hard and were so excited to help someone in need! Its sad that we will be moving and I will no longer get to work with these wonderful boys! The woman was so thankful and loved her new, pretty path to her door that she could be proud of! It made all the boys feel like, they made a difference when she thanked them over and over. I'm proud to be a part of such leadership where I can help and set a good example to those around me.



No comments:

Post a Comment