Monday, March 25, 2013

Saving Money is the Name of the Game!!

All my life my wonderful mother and sisters taught me the value of a dollar and to save and shop, but for good deal. As posted in a previous post Jonny and I are finally moving into a place were we can call our HOME! Iv been doing a little bargain shopping here and there, as well as a little crafting and this is our findings...
















Our first purchase was our couches!!! Jonny and I Love to go yard selling, you never know what you might find!!!! Well one Saturday we went out and found this awesome set. When I asked the guy how much they where he originally said $250 for both, even with it being a good deal already it would not do. While Jonny was ready to get them for $250 I told the guy that we will take them for $150.... next thing ya know...SOLD and I just saved us $100!!!! We washed and cleaned them and I re-stuffed the pillows with new stuffing. See Good as new!!
Our next piece was a old frame that I got at a yard sale for $2!!!! I picked it right up, came home and painted it one of my favorite colors. My plan is to turn it into a cork or magnetic board, when I am finished I will post another picture so you can see. I am so excited to put this up in our kitchen!!! 
This one is my favorite!!! I am sooo sad that I forgot to take a BEFORE picture, before I revamped it!! I found this treasure at a yard sale and got it for $5!!! It was a light wood that had peeling varnish and looked really bad. Jonny said he only got it because I wanted it, he thought it was ugly and it was; till I got my hands on it. I took it sanded it down, primed it, sanded it again then painted it black. I added new knobs and put a protective wax layer on it, it looks 100% better than it did Jonny even loves it. This was my first piece of furniture that I had ever redone and I think it turned out GREAT !!!
This weekend Jonny and I stopped in at the local Goodwill, I know, I know I use to snub my nose up to, but Goodwill is actually AWESOME!!! You can find things that are brand new and that are from high brand places. This coffee table is brand new and form IKEA, and it was only $20. I don't know if I will keep it white or if ill paint it, ether way it was a great steal of a deal!!!!
-As of right now we move in to our new apartment in about 2 weeks, so far I think that we got a good start and that its coming together. Who knows what I might find this weekend, it might be a dresser or something!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job girl!! That nightstand or whatever looks great!! Like the frame too! So proud that you picked up on our thrifty nickles. :)

    ReplyDelete