Saturday, May 25, 2013

Galveston, Texas Expedition

This week with Memorial day Jonny had 4 days off of work, so we took advantage and went down to the cost to see this so called AMAZING Galveston...... Well there was some beauty in some places but not on the beaches that is for sure. It made me miss NC and the great beaches we have out there. We went up on a Friday and spent all day walking the beaches and just really anywhere that looked interesting.
After walking on the beach and walking to the pier, we drove by a really, really cool cemetery sooo we stopped. We walked around there for a while taking pictures of the buildings and the beautiful land it was on. Some of the headstones where over 100 years old, it was really cool!!!! Below are just some of the pictures I snapped walking through, I think they turned out pretty neat.


Another cool thing we got to see was " The Pleasure Pier"  it was fun to walk to and to see it, but we got to a point where we had to pay to get on and we where not about to drop $45 for the both of us go walk through the theme park that was on it. ( Even though I really wanted to ride the fairies wheel, iv never ridden one before.) We walked back to our car and headed to our hotel for the night. The next morning was an interesting one..... We woke up and had an awesome breakfast with our TEXAS waffles and eggs, then went back to sleep for a few hrs.. When we got everything ready we checked out and went to the car to head to our next stop. I opened the trunk to put our bags in while Jonny filled the cooler with ice, and next thing I know I'm closing the trunk and right after I let it go I realized our KEYS WHERE STILL IN THE TRUNK !!!!!..... :( It was to late we where locked out of our car, but do not despair Jonny ran to the rescue, he did not even get frustrated. The picture below is Jonny breaking into our Honda Civic with a HANGER.... 

Little did I know my husband just happens to know how to break into a car, it took us about 30 min and a few dirty looks our way, but he got it open !:) HE SAVED THE DAY, while the whole time I just felt dumb for locking them in the truck in the first place.... 
EVEN though the day had a few bumps, we still had awesome delicious waffles that happen to make it better !!!

Driving home I was a little bummed that we didn't go and ride the fairies wheel, but about 30 min driving home we saw one out off the freeway. Jonny Jerked off to the exit and said, "We are getting on the fairies wheel no matter what." :) :) :) :) :) It took us a few minutes to find it, but we did and it only cost us a whole heaping $8 for the both of us! It meant a lot that my best friend was looking out for me and made it a great trip, ending it with a bang.:) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment