Monday, May 6, 2013

Welcome to the Holden Home!

Its now time to show off our new wonderful home, not everything is done but its close enough!! I made a walk through video and I will post some of the before and afters under the video. ( I still am not very good at taking before pics sorry) I hope you guys love it, sorry it has taken me so long to put it up here on our blog. It has been so much fun making our apartment a home.. It already had the love it just needed a little color!!! I hope you enjoy the movie !!! :) ( sorry if it makes you dissy)
BELOW is a YOUTUBE link, Click on it and you can watch the movie...!! :) 
 


This is our coral dresser in our bedroom ( free) I wish I took a before pic but this is when I sanded it and started painting it. 

 These are our table and chairs before they were fixed up. The top of the table  is sanded but the chairs where not. This was a big project, but for $50 it was a deal !!!! We love it now :)


 

These are our night stands that we got at an estate sale both for $10. this was after I had scrubbed with soap and water for 2 hrs getting ready to sand.They smelt like smoke and had dog hair all over them. It reminded me of something that would come out of grandpas basement ewwww..... BUT now they are smell free and look amazing !!! pain in the but to paint though... 

This is what our quote above our kitchen island is made out of. I washed it, sanded it, sealed it, put my quote on it, then sealed it again. Seems like a lot of work, but I think its fun to restore something to make it better or to make it into something new!!! :)


It was a lot of work putting together everything, but I loved every minute of it. I am so happy with our home I love it and its really a place that I can call our HOME! Its not 100% done yet, but it will be soon. I will keep posting the new things/ crafts that I do so you can see our progress. :)








1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH. For REAL this is the cutest apartment in the whole world. You are so stinking talented with the furniture refurbishing! Also, how in the world did you get your letters on that ADORABLE sign? Oh my gosh I just love every single thing about it and am totally jealous of your creativity. So happy for you guys and your gorgeous new place. I am so proud you are my sister in law! Oh and ps, the rugs scattered through the house, I totally love. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete