Wednesday, June 26, 2013

To The Rescue!!!!

Saturday we ended up going to George Bush Park and going on a walk, about a mile into the walk I herd a kitten crying. Jonny was talking on the phone when all this happened so he was a little confused of what I was up to, but I ran to the woods edge and started looking for the little guy. Then I see this little kitten that's hiding behind some plants and just looking at me, scared to death. By this time Jonny knew what i was trying to do. I knew that if we left him the little guy would die, and that just was not an option for me. I got him to come close a few times but each time he ran away. We gave him some turkey off our sandwiches, witch he ate right up. It started to get dark so we headed home, Sunday we went back and we found him right were we left him. This time we fed him some hotdogs, but he was still to fast and scared for us to catch him. We decided one last time to catch him, the night before I had a dream that we caught him and named him Lucky. We went out there on Monday after work and we noticed that he was really weak and was not about to put up a fight. I caught him with a fishing net and we took him back to the car then home. He never bit scratched or hurt ether of us, I think he knew that we were trying to help him out. We put him in our tub, and I took him to the vet the next day. We were thinking about keeping LUCKY, he was so sweet, loving and loved to snuggle and purrr. When I took him to the vet I found out that he was around 6 weeks old. I also found out that Lucky had a lot of health problems and that it would be VERY, very expensive to keep him.  After adding it all up it would cost us around $500+ to keep Lucky. Luckily a lady at the vet said that she would take him and keep him. This made me so happy because if I took him to the pound they would have put poor Lucky down. :(
 Even though we wish we could have kept him, we are much happier that he is in a better home and with someone that can take care of him. He sure is one lucky kitten. :)

2 comments:

  1. So so cute you are strong to let him go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Probably for the best. Remember what happened to your last cat named Lucky? I'm not exactly sure either, but I'm sure it wasn't good. Nice job guys.

    ReplyDelete