Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gotta Love Maxi Skirts :)

My good friend Heidi and I decided to make maxie skirts off of  pinterest, and they turned out great !!! We made two skirts each and wanted to make a 100 more by the time we saw how they turned out. We went to Hobby Lobby and only bought a Yard and a half of fabric and that was all we needed.. :)
This was one of the skirts that I made and it turned out great.Here is how we made it.
I am 5'9 so mine is a little taller than some but this is what we did.
my measurements:
-length: 48'
-Then you measure around your wast and divide it by 2.
- Find the middle of the top of the fabric and measure out that number.
- then measure 6' down to allow you to fold it down and stay in place. 
- from there tapper down, ( like a triangle) till you get to the ends of the fabric.
- Pin and cut it on both sides.
- then sew both sides following the tapered edges down.
- YOUR DONE, Its That easy.
This is what the skirt looked like after I cut it and ready to sew it. It turned out great and so EASY.

Im glad I have made good friends that enjoy doing crafts and making things as much as I do:). In the future I will diffidently be making a lot more of these :)..

No comments:

Post a Comment