Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Trip Cut Short :(

This week was a very, very long, fun, stressful, and a hard week... It was 4th of July week so Jonny and I took it off and drove to Austin Texas, singing patriotic songs the whole way there we finally pulled up to our campsite in Krause Springs. We decided to go camping all week in our tent and enjoy all the amazing  fresh water springs and pools they have to offer. We set up our tent and got all settled in and went swimming, there was a beautiful waterfall and flowing water everywhere. That night we went out to the field to watch the best Firework show around, it lasted 30 minutes and was the best one I have ever seen. It felt like the whole time was going to be ending because it was so good, I was ready with my camera the whole time. It was really cool because we were so close that the fireworks were actually going off right above our heads. They where also so loud... we felt like someone was shooting a gun right next to our ears, but don't worry dad I was plugging my ears.Here is the BIG BAG of a finish, it was 6 min. long but if ya want just skip to the end, or entertain your kids for 6 min. :)



AND THE FIREWORKS...


We sat there on our blanket and ate fresh watermelon and enjoyed every minute of it. Then it ALL started, as we were walking back to our campsite, I tripped on some rocks and twisted my bad ankle really bad. Luckily we where not to far away from our campsite, so Jonny helped me hop over to it. He was so sweet he got some ice for me, built a fire and then we roasted brats and s'mors over our fire. The next morning we woke up my ankle was killing me, so again we hopped over to the cold spring water in the morning and soaked it in the cold water while we enjoyed breakfast. It was a beautiful campground with wind chimes and running water all around you, with tall oaks and founts everywhere. Even though I was hurting I was not going to let it mess up our plans.

We got into the car with our swimming suits, our rafts and sunscreen, but the first stop we needed to make was to get a ankle brace. We went to a place called Barton Springs , where there is a Huge natural pool that is spring is feed.its really cool because it is in the middle of Austin. It was beautiful the water was crystal clear and we could see all the colors of the rocks at the bottom and all the green seaweed plants home to many animals. We where swimming with school of fish, turtles and even Giant salamanders. We floated around for a while, then we took our goggles and went exploring.  We felt like we were little kids again diving and spending all day in the sun!
We had such a great day out in the sun, but it got time for us to drive back to our campsite before they closed the gates. We made it back to camp just in time, ready to crash and get everything ready for our Capital tour the next day. We drove up to where our campsite, SHOULD OF BEEN!!... Someone had stolen not only our tent, bags, cloths, air mattress, shoes, Jonnys wallet, phone, but also our firewood... Everything was gone :( Hundreds of dollars gone just like that, we were so shocked that everything was gone and that someone would DO THAT!!... I have to admit I was crying like a baby, and Jonny was there to comfort me by that point we were wet and had our car... I asked Jonny if we could just go home, I didn't want to stay. Jonny being the most amazing husband ever drove all the way back home and we got home at around 4 a.m. Even though we had everything stolen from us, we where glad that we had the most important thing.. each other. It sucks, but at the same time in a strange way it brought Jonny and I a little more closer together :) and that's more important to me than anything. So our trip was cut very short, we where not able to go to the Capital and our Zip line adventure, but we were able to get a refund on them. I guess our next adventure is already planed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment