Saturday, July 20, 2013

Houston We Have Lift Off























This past week Jonny and I went to the Houston NASA Space Center. It was really cool to see the huge models and also real donated ones from NASA as well. There was so many things in this Center that I could have taken 100 pictures, but I narrowed it down. 
 FUN Fact #1: The size of the International Space Station is a little bigger than a full football field.
 I thought it was funny in a corner of this Center was a huge lego building station for kids, where they can build there own spaceship. Well Jonny really wanted to go and play in it and make a Lego angle.

 There was a ton of old and newer equipment that NASA is lending to the Space Center, it was really cool to see what they ate, how everything worked. We saw countless numbers of movies of a astronauts everyday life. 

We both decided that we would rather stay here on earth. The only cool thing about space is the view and that you can float...
Above in this orange astronauts spacesuit I tried to make Jonny's head in the middle so he was wearing it. To me the suits look like big dippers and are very uncomfortable with 5 layers of weight.
 I thought this was cool from the left to right is the evolution of a space suit. Even though I would not want to wear one of these, I think I would stick with the biggest, bulkiest one if I was going to go into space. I would want more than one or two layers like the first one. Its crazy that they changed so much over the years. The one on the right is one that they use today, and is actually still being used. There are two things with this getup that would drive me crazy, 1: I would have to use a dipper and 2: My face would be in a glass bowl and if my face itched, well that's too bad!!!!

The picture below is another reason why I think we would choose to stay on earth, we both agreed on if we went to space we would miss FOOD!!! This would be a typical meal is space if you cant read it, the bags say, ( Potatoes AU Gratin, Grapefruit drink from recycled urine, liquid salt and peeper bottles, and something in a can that is dried.) I don't know about you, but if I ate this it would lead me right into the next picture.... that's right the bathroom.... you would sit on it, and thin push a button that creates some kind of gravity in the tank and you have little handle bars you put over your legs so you don't float away... EWWW its worse then using an airplane bathroom *10.

 While Jonny and I were walking around we came across this photo right here, yeah its just a guy in space but I did not know that they used DUCK TAPE in space... Apparently it can fix anything.  In fact when we were looking at other pictures we saw a roll of duck tape in a few.






















the bottom picture is of the engine of a space shuttle and the left is what it would look like inside the control panel. The picture makes it look small and not as confusing, but both of these were huge and very overwhelming especially in the cockpit. The only question Jonny asked was, where is the eject button.???

This was a really cool part of the trip, I have tuched the moon before in Washington D.C, but in Houston I learned so much more.
FUN Fact #2: Houston has the larges moon rock and moon dust collection in the world. We saw bags and selves of rocks and dust it was crazy.
Fun Fact # 3: One cubic meter of lunar soil contains enough of the right elements ( Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen , ect.) to make a cheeseburger a order of fired and a soda.
FUN Fact #4: The moon rock we touched was 3,800,000,000 years old. 

By this time there were so many facts and space stuff in my head I could not take any more. We went to the store and bought some Space- cream ( space Ice cream) Jonny didn't like it, and even though it had dehydrated chocolate chips in it, it didn't make the cut with me ether. Its so fun going on adventures with my Handsome Husband we even got NASA shirts :) Jonny makes every adventure a fun one and a great memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment