Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pretty As a Peacock!!!

Coming home from dinner we saw a peacock crossing the road, this was not my first encounter with them in Houston and could not find out where they were coming from. I do not think Peacocks are native to Houston Texas... I asked around and the story is some people bought two peacocks as pets and did not realize that it was a boy and girl.... well we all knows what happens in this situation BOOOM Explosion of peacocks. They got loose and now the local neighborhood is a home for these peacocks. This is what we saw when we were driving, looking down the street we saw about 30 peacocks just walking around, standing in the road in yards and of course perching on mailboxes. This is what we saw.
There were all kinds regular, albino, and mixed. I got out of the car and they surrounded us, partly because we were feeding them gram-crackers. I think I counted 28 just in view of the car, I wounder how many others there were out there. I was afraid to get back into the car because they where blocking my way and I did not want to get attacked by a huge birds.

We were holding the crackers out of the windows and they would come right up to us and take it out of our hands. I was scared that it was going to take my fingers off, so I kept on dropping them. I'm the top right and Jonny is the bottom right. I think its crazy because there was this guy out there mowing his lawn and you could tell it was just a common thing for him, you would think they would be pests. It was really cool to just stumble upon this treasure in the middle of Houston, I guess it does have some surprises here and there. Below is a video I made when we pulled in, we are with DJ and Katie, Jonnys brother and sister in law that were visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment